When we hear or talk about metal roofs, we automatically draw in our heads the imagine of a noisy, non thermal, rough and unsightly roof. If we were in the 1800's or even the 1900's I will agree with this kind of thinking, but, in the 21st century, things have changed and we can find a wide range of profiles and alloys.
Now, you can choose between:
- Exposed or concealed fasteners
- Commercial and/or Residential use
- Mechanical seamed or snap lock
- With or without clips
- Large variety of colors and textures
- Factory formed or on site roll formed
Things to keep in mind when choosing a profile:
- Minimum slope required for the profile
- Allowed substrates for the chosen panel
- Be sure to follow the Building Code in your area. Certification and testing.
- See if there is any restriction in your subdivision for installing a metal roof
For more information, ask your roofer for guidance on this points and remember that the best choice will be the one that fulfill your needs and expectations.
For any question or comment feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in the next post...