Welcome back to our blog. Today we have more advantages for installing a metal roof. Besides the durability and affordable cost in the long run, other advantages can be listed:
- Wind uplift, Hail, and Fire resistant
- Light Weight
- Snow shedding: Painted metal roofs are usually snow-shedding. Snow can usually collect when it is fresh and lighter weight. As soon as the ambient temperature rises a few degrees, the snow usually just slides off. For this reason metal roofing is ideal for homes in high latitude or mountain regions.
- Most metals can be recycled over and over without losing any valuable properties. Recycling is very efficient.
- Design Friendly: Some steel roofing products can be installed over open framing, or on a solid substrate, straight or curved panels are available.
- Factory made or on site roll formed.
- Energy efficiency. Coatings with high reflectivity like Kynar with "cool roof" pigments commonly save 20-30% on air-conditioning costs due to reflecting away much of the sun's heat. Increases the thermal efficiency of buildings in high temperature areas with its cool-roof paints and high emissivity.
- Most metal roofing products require very little or no maintenance.
- Metal roof sheets can be used equally well in cladding the sides of a buildings.
it is recommended to use only UL Certified Metal Roof Panels and components, this will give you the peace of mind that what you are getting will be of the best quality.
For more information contact us at (210) 227 7276 or www.saqualitymetals.com for more information and recommendations.
Until next Post...